Welcome to my Blog...

Monday, December 5, 2022

Music Post: Have A Favorite Song? Gimme Shelter

 Asking this question these days I'm surprised at the answers yet, I understand why most people respond the way they do.  Most people I ask say, " I have many," or " It depends on my mood," or simply "No."  Clearly many of us don't have a favorite song of songs!  I can admit there are a few hallowed tunes in my library, but for me one stands out head and shoulders above the rest and for good reason.  Gimme Shelter, in 1969 was a song of it's time, that related to war, society at the time, and hope that reverberated throughout the airwaves and eight tracks with commanding attention.  This hard driving heart pumping tune was shared with a close friend one Friday night that drove our enthusiasm about the song over the top to play it over ten times in a row!  At that moment it became a bonding song and also a personal theme song as well.  Playing it brings back a time and place, with memories as well as a reminder that music in particular, a treasured song especially, can be stamped in the mind and soul of the listener.  So I ask, " Do You Have A Favorite Song?

I hope you enjoyed the reading, Steve

lifesproverbs.blogspot.com
Comments are welcomed on social media
also:lifesproverbs@gmail.com

#lifesproverbs

Copyright©lifesproverbs.blogspot.com All Rights Reserved 2022

No content on this site may be copied or reused in any form or capacity without expressed written consent.

No comments:

Mindful Post

  Is This The Way Seems different from yesterday. What was once a certain Path- Has now divided into Splintered enticements of, ...